I start tapping Harry’s leg, thinking he might be one of those people that get violent when you try to wake him up, but it’s not working. I tap a little harder. Nothing. A little harder. Nothing.
Eventually, I’m bouncing the guy around on the bed and he’s still not waking up. It’s not until I say “I’ll never give up on you” that I see his arm slowly come out of the blanket and give me the thumbs up. I then let him finish waking up as I proceed to call every number I have for Bill to see if I can head over and pick up the guitar cases that we’ll need because they’re not going to fit in his fully packed to the tits truck.
After all my phone calls I decide to just head over and see if I can get his dog going to wake him up. Harry and I bounce over there, where Baby Reilly answers the door. I grab the guitar cases and Harry grabs his shirt that he’ll need for his scene as Baby Reilly wakes Bill up. I knew there was a reason we brought him along last night.
As we’re leaving, Bill comes out of the house rubbing his eyes to head over to the location.
We’re finding ourselves at the Red Onion again today, and if it was a house location, I wouldn’t mind if we’re late, but Jimmy’s been so good to us, I’d really prefer not to leave him waiting, so it makes me happy that Bill is up and leaving.
Harry and I head back to my place where Harry can get into wardrobe, and I can grab the camera and finish getting ready myself, as well as loading my guitar into one of the cases. On the way back, we see Sue and Alicia on their way.
When we get to the Red Onion, at about 7:30, a half hour later than call time, we see everyone waiting outside. Looks like we’re not the only ones running late today. We don’t know how to get a hold of Jimmy, until it’s brought up that the number might be in the phone book that Steve packed for us as a prop. Even when The Steve isn’t there, he’s an incredible help.
Bill calls and wakes Jimmy up and we’re ready to rock out this day. Alicia brings Harry and Irish into makeup while Bill, Sue, Baby Reilly and myself set up the scene. When Alicia is done with Irish and Harry it looks like hell stomped all over their faces. Man, Harry even looks like he’s from the race of purple people from all the bruises she put on him. Looks awesome.
We rock out the scene, giving Jimmy a cameo, and then head outside where we’re going to shoot a scene that was possibly going to be scheduled for September, and time permitting, we’ll shoot an improvised surprise scene as well.
After we pack up all the gear back into Bills truck, we head over to the side of the building where we shoot the last official scene of the movie with Harry and Irish starting another fight with one another. I think it looks pretty funny, and when I hear some laughs behind me, I’m thinking it might end up funny. Here’s hoping. You can laugh all you want while on set because you think it’s funny then, but there’s not much telling as to how it’ll play on screen.
After this is over, we walk over to the next location for a “surprise” scene that we’re thinking will bring more of a conclusion to the episode, and also introduce something we like for Episode 5. The idea is to have it play after a couple of credits have rolled.
Lyndsey now has to leave to head to work, and I’m glad we were able to get all her stuff in before she had to jet. We’re a little bit ahead of schedule as we have an hour before we’re supposed to meet Jukes, so we decide to eat lunch at the Red Onion.
Red Onion lunch down, we head over to the next location, and this is where the fatigue hits me. It’s pretty hot out, and we’re shooting in a parking lot. We rock out some of the beginning scenes of the movie and wrap Jens for the day. We then take a little break, and now I don’t want to get up. It seems like I can handle both fatigue and heat, but not at the same time.
Bill and Jukes motivate me to get going, so I get up and we shoot the last scene. Jukes is now wrapped for production.
Back at my place we unload the gear and slowly shoot Harry’s coverage for the day he missed with Logan. We get it down, and then we all kick around for a bit playing Scene-It.
After I whooped some ass, and to be fair, Alicia was right with me until the final round, everyone takes off, and Sue and I watch a couple of movies. The Happening is something to be avoided at all costs. I don’t understand this. When I watched Signs, I thought the M. Night dude was a born filmmaker. The Happening seems like it’s from a totally different person. And all the performances are bad. The dialogue is bad, which doesn’t help performances, but man, the whole movie is bad. Plants revolting against humans? Really? For shame M. Night. For Shame.
Then we watch Forgetting Sarah Marshall. I didn’t think I would dig on this flick but I did. I haven’t really cared for many of the Apatow productions, other than Superbad, and even then I wished they would’ve taken the movie in other directions, but I really jived with the Marshall.
While we’re watching these movies the phone rings, which is the way it has come to be lately. Sue gets a little upset, but I have to answer it. It’s Brad Faulkner and we talk a little bit about the concert coming up until the line gets cut. I call back and leave a message, and then continue with the movie watching experience.
After the mini movie marathon is over, I start catching up on putting the tapes into my computer. I hit the sack at around five am or so to complete my 23 hour day off of three hours sleep.
A long but very good day as we managed to add some scenes that weren’t originally on the docket. The second day in a row we did this, so I’m really hoping we can wrap this production on the 25th, like we planned to.
We shoot a huge day on Thursday, and I have a lot of things to do before then, so I’m hoping I can get it all done.





No comments:
Post a Comment