I give Logan a shout and get his voice mail. I leave a message letting him know about the situation, then shoot Harry a call, and fill him in. Now I wait.
Logan hits me back letting me know that he’s at Gateway Niagara, and isn’t too hip on going back to Toronto to pick up Harry. I tell him it’s fine, we’ll shoot his coverage today, then get Harry’s coverage another time. It’s a pretty small scene, so it shouldn’t be a problem.
Harry calls me at the garage and lets me know that it’s his fuel sensors that are causing his ride to flake on him. The dude doesn’t have the parts at the garage and has to order them. I tell him to chill, and we’ll get his coverage on Sunday when he’s down again.
Harry tends to feel bad over shit like this, and while I’m talking with him, I can hear him smashing up the insides of his car. I feel for him because he ends up feeling so bad. I tend to just think of a way to make the shit work, and if I can’t make it work, then I’ll get pissed.
Harry, it worked out, stop beating the shit out of your car.
Logan arrives and I fill him in, and he can’t believe it. I think I’ve found the secret to Harry. He doesn’t have bad first days, he just has bad first days with Logan. That’s got to be it.
Alicia swings in with the props that Steve gave her, including an original Nintendo. Now that we have time and don’t have to skip to Grimsby, we got time to play some original NES. There’s three games in the bag, and one of them isn’t Ice Hockey, so I’m not overly impressed.
I chat up Logan for a bit as I haven’t seen him in what seems like forever. I got to get together with this guy more often man. We talk about his upcoming birthday bash tomorrow and what the plan of attack is for us drivers.
Bill arrives to shoot before he has to jet to work and I let him know the deal. Throughout the day he keeps thinking we still have to go to Grimsby, even though there’s no need now, because we were going to bounce to Grimsby to pick up Harry’s shot. Now that Harry’s not here, there’s no need to go to the Grim.
I let the three of them talk while I set up the lights for the scene as well as the camera and the mic stand.
We’re ready to go, so I grab Wolfgang, my guinea pig, making his grand appearance today as Cain’s replacement for Tristan, and we start shooting. Damn right my guinea pig gets a close-up, so I try to make him stand. I get him standing all the time while he’s in his cage, but like any diva, he doesn’t want to cooperate when the camera is turned on him.
Oh well, we get what we can, and Bill jets for work. I hook up the Nintendo and eventually get Dr. Mario working so Alicia and Logan can play while I tear down the lights and put the shit away.
I come back in and Logan’s not to into the Dr. Mario. I pop in Scene-It for the 360 and we’re off. We play three games, and I win the first one, Logan wins the next two. I fucking hate it when he wins movie trivia games. He normally does, I’ll give him that, and he’s the only one that seems to be able to challenge me out of all my friends.
Oh well, at least I won one of them. The other two were close, he just won in the last round because the movie they asked questions about happens to be one of his favorite movies, and one that I’ve seen years ago as a teenager, and then only clips from my other Scene-It game. That’s right Logan, if it wasn’t for Planes, Trains, and Automobiles, I would’ve driven away in that limo.
Laugh it up. You won’t be laughing after the next time we play. You’re just lucky it wasn’t a Marty movie or Pulp Fiction.
Tomorrow is his big birthday bash: the dirty thirty and I can’t wait.



2 comments:
"he’s the only one that seems to be able to challenge me out of all my friends"
Pffffft! Whatever man.
P.S. Wolfgang should have his own episode, or a spin off series!
How do you know a spin off series isn't in the works?
And yes, Logan is the only one who can challenge me without cheating.
Post a Comment