Thursday, July 3, 2008

Between May 19th, and Saturday May 24th

I decide it’s cheaper to print out one copy of each of the 19 sides and go to Staples and photocopy the rest rather than waste my ink cartridges on it. We decide on 4 copies per side, with one copy being a master copy that Steve will keep and use to read with the auditioners. Bill and I also get the materials to make ID badges that say “Backlot Rebels” on them.

Bill also goes balls deep and grabs about 20 binders; one for each side. The whole thing was super organized thanks to Bill and the ID badges looked really sharp that he made. We’re toying with the idea of wearing them throughout the shoot.

We also decide during this time to go location scouting. Bill, Kyle and I drive around to the areas I thought would work for many of our exteriors. Lucky for me, they do work, but we stumble across a few great locations as well that we decide to use. We bring the camera with us and try to figure out what the minimum F-Stop we can shoot at will be. A couple of the locations are too dark, and we’d have to adjust the shutter speed to get the right amount of light. Luckily, the two locations we stumbled on are fairly well lit and we decide to use those instead.

We’ll have to come back when my new toy arrives to see about the actual, real light loss we’re facing will be.

No comments: