Thursday, July 3, 2008

The Week Between June 7th, and the 14th

It turns out that Chevonn saw our prize on the table and decided to scoop it for herself. That’s what you get with a drunk bride that wants something I guess. We’ve already decided that we would shoot her wedding for her for free, and probably include something along the lines of the package anyway, but she doesn’t need to know that.

My Dad also surprises me with something he built. A week or two ago I showed him plans on the internet to build a homemade Kino Flo for about 40 bucks. Turns out he didn’t like those plans too much and decided to build another one; this one costing about 300.

The thing’s rock solid. Man, I don’t know what I’d do without my own Bob Vila. He says he’ll get to work on the dolly now. I’m impressed as hell with this Kino. It gives a nice light. I hope I can put this thing to work properly.

Bill also gives me a ring and tells me he might have one of the harder locations to get. What did I say about this boy and his steamrolling of persistence? He’s going to come to my place, pick me up, and we’ll check out the place and talk to the owner.

We arrive and do a walk through of the place, deciding on where the scene would play best in this location. We talk to the owner and he’s pretty gung-ho about the whole thing. He says we can shoot before they open, and he’ll even open and hour later to accommodate us. He’s really enthusiastic and excited about helping us out. Man this dude’s cool as ice. It’s nice to finally have a bone thrown our way. Other productions we’ve had, it felt like an uphill battle the whole way, so it’s nice to get a favor thrown at you, regardless of however small.

He sets a date for us to shoot in his joint, which is Monday, July 7th. It’s now determined that any actor we have that can’t make this date will be replaced. It sounds cold, but we’ve jumped through hoops in the past trying to make things work for the whims of others in the past, and we’ve decided not to do it anymore.

Steve also lets us know that the big news he dropped on us earlier is a no go. Oh well, I’ve learned throughout my years not to get my hopes up about things until they’re securely at my feet. It’s almost like an auto conditioned response because I’ve had people promise me a lot throughout the years and it never came through. Besides, we seem to have the ball rolling on other things anyway, so I’m sure that softened the blow quite a bit.

Bill and I also manage to get together to talk about some changes and where we would like to take the website. We both have great ideas and seem to both be on the same page as to where we want to go. The problem is that neither one of are really good enough to do the full on scale of what we would like to do. Bob is great at this stuff, but has expressed for a couple of years now that he’s not too hip on doing the website stuff anymore. We’ve kind of pushed the envelope there so much that it tore in half. We have to find ourselves a website guy and explore that realm. It’s not something either of us want to do, but it’s going to need to get done.

We also rehash a treatment that Bill sent to me a couple of years ago. Bill has expressed interest in doing it and I tell him that it’s just too gruesome for us to do. We end up getting out of control with the new idea we have, which includes the Tooth Fairy, Cupid, and a kung-fu Kill Bill style fight between Santa Claus and The Easter Bunny and the story will be told like Pulp Fiction. I’m pretty sold on the idea, but Bill’s not feeling it.

The next day Bill sends me a revamped treatment for his original idea and calls it “Santa’s List.” Turns out he wasn’t feeling the Pulp Fiction Holiday Special after all. Oh well, it was great while it lasted.

No comments: