Thursday, July 3, 2008

Friday, June 27th, 2008

So I spend all day on the phone trying to get a tracking number for my order. It hasn’t come yet. When I say, “spent all day on the phone,” I mean, “spend all day on the phone trying to get a hold of someone and leaving messages.” The fact that I can’t get a hold of anyone and no one is bothering to call me back is what is really pissing me off. To no end. I do this from when I wake up, until they say their phone lines close at seven.

After filling out the online form, I get one email back telling me that their phone lines and computers have been down all day. Bullshit. After a quick reply back on my part, the communication stops there. I’m just asking for a tracking number, I don’t see what’s so difficult. I’m starting to think I got ripped off, and I don’t like that at all.

Regardless, I’m going to have to push production back again if I don’t get this gear soon. I figured by ordering on Monday, June 16th, I’d have the gear in ample time. Obviously, I was wrong.

Bill also manages to drop by, wearing a prototype of the new shirts we’re thinking of ordering. Yeah, not so much. It looks like a T-shirt transfer that anyone can do. There’s also some border around the logo now that doesn’t look good by any stretch. Bill’s not a big fan either, but he’s looking on the bright side, and that is that people were still looking at the shirt when he went out today, which is what we want. I’m still not all that sold on it. The computer renderings definitely looked better and there was no border around the logo. We’ll see what happens, but this looks like shit we can do ourselves, without spending money for someone else to do it.

Struggling for the past two days to upload King of Hearts to youtube. I finally get it up there after a lot of stupidity on my part. Oh well. I also fool around with the Backlot Rebel youtube page, doing a background and whatever else. It looks alright.

I also came up with an idea for the next feature I want to do. Man, it’s got a pretty epic scope to it. I started writing down everything I want to incorporate into it and I came up with an idea for the opening sequence. I think it’ll be pretty tight if I can get what’s in my head onto the page.

Steve and I have been e-corresponding lately, and he tells me that he’d like to make his directorial debut re-doing The Neighborhood Watch, a short film he wrote and we shot for him earlier in the year. He’s not happy with what the director did with it, and he’d like to get this thing realized, and not in the other directors vision. I think it’s good that he have his directorial debut with this film, as he seems pretty closely tied to it.

I’m also talking to Steve about directing another short he wrote, but I would like to bring a lot more out of the characters than what’s already there, and therefore, make the script somewhat longer, and perhaps changed considerably. I’m not sure how down he is with that idea, but we’ll see.

Bill’s supposed to come over tomorrow to watch The Departed, or as I like to call it The Depahded (Boston accent), to continue with my 2.35:1 learning, and to initiate him into it. Let’s hope it doesn’t rain.

No comments: