Thursday, July 3, 2008

Monday, May 26th, 2008

The show on the radio runs from 8-10pm. I’m supposed to go on the air around 20 after nine or so. Bill and I decide we’d like to be there at 8 and sit through the whole show.

I heard a good expression once and I like it. It goes something like, “if you ever want to ruin your plans, say them out loud.” Think we’ll be there by 8?

I start doing some research on tripods and heads as it seems I’m now in the market for that. Damn this is going to be long. There’s a lot more people that make tripods and different models thereof than 35mm adapters.

Speaking of which, I get my adapter today. The delivery of Cinevate is unsurpassed by anything else I’ve ever ordered off the webernetz before. I screw it on my camera and start to play around. Turns out there’s more to the setup than this, but I don’t care, I’m having a good time.

I get busy doing that all day, and when Bill arrives, I’m behind. I don’t think we left until about 8, with my lovely girlfriend of almost 9 years, Sue, driving.

Don’t you know it, the Gardners got some stupid accident going on. Yep. Late again.

We manage to get there and we’re close to the time we were supposed to arrive. The door to the joint is locked again, so we have to use Bill’s cell to call up and get someone down to let us in. Right after the call is finished, Bill’s phone dies. This happened last time I came to be on the radio.

We get led in, the show starts again, and we talk about the festival. I air my grievances, concede some points, but stand by others. I apologize over the air for the remark I made about the one film, which I think was the right thing to do, as the way I phrased it was mean. We get into how people think they watch films as opposed to how they really watch films, the problems I have with the Canadian film industry, which directly relates to the industry pro moderator they had for the event, and what needs to happen to revitalize the industry. Basically a revolution needs to take place and the old guard in charge of the Canadian film industry needs to fall, much like the renaissance of American film in the 70’s.

Wes again comes to my rescue during the broadcast backing me and my points up. That’s two I owe you Wes. Wes is an actor, and seems like a cool dude, so I have a brain fart and ask if he’d be interested in the lead role in the noir project. I’ve been looking to fill the role for so long now, it’s almost a conditioned response from me. He’s actra anyway, and although he said he’d do it, I really don’t want to deal with that union right now. I’m not a fan to say the least. He tells me to send the script to him.

The show ends and we head outside and talk to Matthew, Wes, Jen Frankel, and I think Wes’ wife. We shoot the shit for awhile and have a good time and head home.

No comments: