I wake up today to learn that the half order that has been shipped and should be here today, will not in fact, be here today. For some reason it’s hung up at customs and I won’t get it tomorrow. Bummer for sure. I check my email to see if there’s a tracking number for the other half of my order. Nope. None. For crying out loud.
I email the dude back asking for the tracking number for the latter half of my order and thank him for finally shipping at least part of my order. I really couldn’t tell you why I was so nice about this. I guess that’s why Canadians are shit on all the time; we’re just too damn nice.
Alicia contacts me about some stuff she has concerns about both for the short and the corporate end of our company. I phone up Bill to have an impromptu meeting on Friday before we go into production. It turns out that Steve will be there anyway on Friday to dress the set as he won’t be available before the call times on Saturday to dress the set then. Good a time as any to squeeze in one last meeting before the shoot and before Bill has to go off to his paying job.
On a brighter note, I did get the clings in the mail today to put on the LCD. I got these from Aspect Correct and they’re great. You know those little stickers you put up on your windshield after getting an oil change? That’s what these are, except they go on the LCD of your camera instead and they have lines telling you where the different aspect ratios will be. I struggle with getting the cling off the paper they’re on for awhile before affixing it to my camera.
I then get ready and my Mom comes to take me suit shopping. I’m told that since I lost like 70 lbs or whatever, my old suit doesn’t fit anymore. I could care less really; the only time I wear a suit is when someone’s getting married or someone’s getting buried, and I think under both circumstances no one will really give a shit what I’m wearing. Sue gets home before my Mom and I leave, so she comes along.
I hate suit shopping. I hate trying stuff on. I hate people judging what I’m wearing. All the shit I wanted, I was told by the salesman that it’s out of style. I wonder if a kick in the ass ever goes out of style as I agree to the selections he made and get the hell out of there.
I return home and check my email. Much to my expectation, there is no email with a tracking number in my email box. I email the guy again and tell him that I hope he shipped it today, because if he plans on shipping it tomorrow, there’s a good chance I won’t get it until Monday. By then the shoot will have already started.
Bill and I get on the phone again with each other, and we talk about various things, including the shoot and some crew stuff. Then Pat Murphy and I exchange some messages via Facebook, most of which make me actually laugh at the computer screen, which is pretty rare. Cat’s funny as hell. Pat plays one of the Boppers in our online series, and he’d like to know the schedule so he can book the time off work. I tell him there’s just one more thing in the script I need to make my mind up about and then I’ll lock the script and start scheduling. Hopefully it’ll be soon.
Since finding out that American Psycho (or remembering is probably a better word) is shot in 2.35 I get the itch to watch it again; after all, it is one of my favorite movies. It’s too late though and I decide to pass on it for tonight.
For the first time, it’s starting to hit me that we’re shooting again. It’s still not really a reality in my mind yet, but the reality of it is starting to hit me. I finished my storyboards and shot lists so long ago, that I haven’t had to feel the emergency of the situation like I have in the past.
Hopefully I’ll get all my gear tomorrow (wishful thinking) so I won’t have to be so nervous about not having it for the shoot.
Thursday, July 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment