Bill and I come to the conclusion that we can’t do that to Logan. Logan was willing to do it, and God bless him, but I’ve been cursed with a heart and a conscience, and there’s no way we’d be willing to put him through that. We decided to hold auditions, which was the best choice anyway.
We have a few roles in Episode 4 that would need to be filled too, as well as the added bonus of getting more actors to work with. I’m still on the fence about the auditions and trying to fill the roles with people I know. Bill takes the ball and runs with it.
Bill puts up the notice for a bunch of roles on a website that actors get and search through, and book auditions and whatnot. The form he filled out needed roles and descriptions so he threw a bunch on there including some roles we need, and some we’ve already shot. Dude even goes and gets a hall and works out all that fun stuff. Bill’s on top of his shit.
Slowly, I manage to put together a bunch of sides, including most of the ones Bill put up on the site, including roles from other scripts I have no intention of shooting in the near future. The plan is just to give the auditioners a variety of different things to read.
Alicia comes on and says she likes to organize stuff. Hell, this is great news, as I like my stuff organized, but don’t like to do the organizing. Alicia starts dealing with all the incoming queries about the auditions, scheduling their times, and organizing our day.
Also, I think around this time, Bob Rusztyn says he wants to take a break from film. If not a break, then definitely a more laid-back approach. Ah, this news sucks. I can understand it that he’s burned out from filmmaking and stuff of the same ilk, but fuck me in the ear if it don’t sting like a son of a bitch. What can you do? We’ll give him his space and hope he comes around and gets bit by the filmmaking bug again.
I think it was during this time that Bill got interviewed by a couple of newspapers in Grimsby for the auditions. I thought he came off great, and I looked for something to bust his balls with that would last awhile. No great material out of these nice articles. He’s bound to slip up sooner or later though. The idea behind this publicity is to get more people out to the auditions.
Thursday, July 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment