Today was a busy day. We went to go meet with the guy that might let us use his hotel for part of our shoot. He wasn’t there again. I guess that’s why they invented appointments. This time we left a note and a contact number and took the guys card. Only takes us two times to learn something. That’s why we’re so smrt. Bill says if he doesn’t hit us back after tomorrow, he’ll call to set up an appointment.
I’m not too concerned. We have a backup set in case the hotel doesn’t come through, which Bill is pretty positive that it will. I think we just have to go there and convince the guy that we’re not shooting a porno.
We then head off to meet with Chevonn to case out where she’s getting married and how we’re going to shoot it. Steve meets us there and it’s a beautiful area that’s full of possibilities. She should have a nice video of her wedding day. She tells us some ideas that she would like to incorporate into her wedding video, and I vibe with them because I wanted to go that route anyway.
We sit down and talk about other things as well as the wedding and then head out. Steve, Bill and I go to a Timmy’s and recap everything just to make sure we’re all on the same page.
We then head out to meet with a guy about getting shirts and ball caps made with our logos on them. I don’t really know how this whole thing came about. I think he emailed Alicia, who then forwarded it to Bill, who emailed him back and then they decided to meet. I like the idea of having our logos on clothing so I’m all for it.
Guy seems really cool and his prices are more than reasonable. If we make the deal and get good shit, I’ll be putting his name and site all over the place. He’s a small company like us so there’s a good rapport there between us.
I come home some six hours later than when I left and it doesn’t take the dude long, but there’s an email to both Bill and I with sample shirts and our logos on them. Man, these look sharp as hell! If I was iffy about it before, I’m gung ho now. Bill sends the guy out an email to correspond with him and I send out a facebook message to Alicia and Steve letting them know about it and if they want in on this action.
I get a message from Alicia who has done the call times for the schedule and has sent it out to everyone. She also lets me know that she’s printed out sides for the days just in case we need them, and also has everyone that auditioned sorted out into areas where we can use them in the future. Man, she’s full throttle with this stuff. Definitely a great asset to have.
I also get King of Hearts uploaded onto our server. I can upload the picture of the poster once that’s finished, but getting a link and page up for it and putting the poster with our website is something that’s beyond me right now. I manage to add to our links page, and put Alicia’s bio up there, and that’s about all I can do with it right now.
We really need a web tech.
Thursday, July 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment