Not much to say about today. Bill and Leanne came over to watch The Depahded to catch on to some of the 2.35:1 wisdom that I’ve picked up and have been trying to pass off to Bill with e-correspondence. We run into a problem. The Depahded is shot unlike any other 2.35 movie that I’ve watched lately. Hell, I even watched Maximum Overdrive and it had more in common with framing with other 2.35 movies than The Departed did. Bill and I talk later and he agrees that the framing in that movie is pretty weird at times.
We decide to get together on Monday to practice some more with the Brevis, and to peep Gangs of New York to further our 2.35 knowledge. GONY is shot by Michael Ballhaus, who also shot The Departed, so I’m hoping that the framing is more like other movies that I’ve watched. From the few clips that I’ve checked out on youtube, it looks like it is.
The T-shirts are a no go. Neither one of us likes them too much, and Bill showed the sample shirt he got to Steve, who also wasn’t feeling it. We’re going to check some places out on the net and see what we can do. We got a lead with one place, and I believe you can sell it as merchandise, and you get a portion of the price. If this is the case, it’s pretty solid for us, as we’ll be buying them to wear on our own, and we’ll get the portion of the money back as well.
I also go on a writing spree on a new script; doing the research and writing down ideas for the story until the wee hours of the morning. I get into these stretches where I couldn’t come up with an idea for a story for the life of me, then I’ll go into this groove where my hand can’t move fast enough. I have the opening sequence stuck in my head, and I think it’s a pretty solid sequence, and I’m pretty happy with the research and what I found out on the webbernetz regarding said research. The truth actually fits into my story plan nicely.
In the back of my mind is the guilt that I should be working on Episode 4 more instead of indulging myself into this new script. I still have a couple of fight scenes to write and to settle on a location towards the end of the script. Hopefully I’ll hit it next week. I don’t want to lose any of these ideas for this film in my head. To do it right, we’re probably going to need money, but I’m thinking we can do it without money as well. Oh well, that’s still awhile off.
Thursday, July 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment